(Click on the links to download a printable visitors guide:
We encourage loved ones to visit patients and we make every effort to provide
a safe and comfortable environment for our patients and visitors. While
receiving care, patients have the right to decide who may or may not visit,
and those visitors are allowed without regard to race, color, national
origin, language, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical
or mental disability, or socioeconomic status.
Our staff and caregivers understand the important role that visitors and
support persons play and every effort is made to ensure that our patients’
support person is embraced as a valued member of the care team.
- To safeguard the comfort of all our patients, visitors are asked to talk
quietly and leave promptly when visiting hours have ended.
- The visiting times and/or the number of visitors may be limited in certain
circumstances – and vary unit by unit - to protect the health, safety,
and privacy of our patients.
- If visitors are not feeling well or have an illness that can be transferred
to our patients, please refrain from visiting.
- Visitors must follow infection control precautions, keep noise to a minimum,
refrain from taking photographs or videos, and comply with restrictions
on smoking, alcohol and illegal substances.
- Before entering and after leaving your loved one's room, make sure
to wash your hands.
- All children must be in the company of a responsible adult and may not
be left unattended.
Visits from loved ones can be comforting when you are hospitalized. For
this reason, Centinela Hospital Medical Center staff members make every
effort to provide an environment conducive to the needs of both patients
General Visiting Hours
9:00 am – 9:00 pm every day
No more than (3) three visitors are allowed per patient at a time. Children
under 16 are not allowed in the hospital with the exception of Sundays
from 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm. This does NOT include maternity.
Critical Care Unit
- Two visitors may visit 10-15 minutes every two hours.
Father’s Waiting Room
- A maximum of three visitors per patient is allowed.
- One person only (usually expectant father or close relative) may remain
continuously in the Labor room and may visit and exit at any time. Anyone
under age 16 must be approved by Charge Nurse.
- Fathers or significant other may be present if they have completed a childbirth
- General visiting hours are from 9:00 am – 9:00 pm. Sibling visiting
hours are from 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm and 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm. Father
may visit any time. Anyone under age 16 must be approved by Charge Nurse.
- Baby viewing is from 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm and 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm.
Patients and visitors may park in the main parking lot across from the
hospital on Hardy Street. There is also valet parking immediately in front
of the main hospital entrance.
MEALS AND SNACKS
Centinela Hospital offers numerous dining choices. Our hospital cafeteria
is open for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a snack. The cafeteria is located
on the second floor of the hospital. Cafeteria Hours Monday through Friday are:
- Breakfast 6:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- Lunch 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Dinner 4:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
The hospital also offers a sit down coffee shop located on the first floor
next to the Admitting Office. Coffee Shop hours Monday through Friday are:
There are also numerous vending machines located by the cafeteria, the
Emergency Department and other locations throughout the hospital.
An ATM machine is located by the second floor cafeteria.
The hospital gift shop is located in the main lobby across from the information
desk. A wide assortment of snacks, gifts, cards and sundry items are available
for purchase. The gift shop hours are:
Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Saturday 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Sunday 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Visitors may request an escort to their vehicle by hospital security personnel.
To arrange for an escort simply visit the security desk in the main lobby
of the hospital or call ext 7300 on any hospital telephone.