Our Imaging Services Department provides digital diagnostic and interventional radiology services in a timely and efficient manner. We offer state-of-the-art digital Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS), technology that ensures better images for radiologists and supplies quicker results than older film based systems. Our physicians and staff provide a caring and compassionate atmosphere for our patients.The Centinela Hospital Medical Center’s Imaging Department offers a full spectrum of services including:
- Diagnostic Radiology/Fluoroscopy – A radiological technique for obtaining X-ray images of a living patient. A radiologist uses a switch to control an X-Ray beam that is transmitted through the patient. The X-rays then strike a fluorescent plate that is coupled to an “image intensifier” that is coupled to a television camera. The radiologist can then watch the images on a TV monitor.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging – MRI’s are used to visualize the internal structure and function of the body. MRI provides much greater contrast between the different soft tissues of the body, making it especially useful in
oncological (cancer) imaging.
- Computed Tomography – CT scanning is used to generate a three-dimensional image of the inside of a patient’s body. CT scans are produced by computer which are then manipulated to show various bodily structures.
- Ultrasound – A type of equipment that is used to visualize subcutaneous body structures including tendons, muscles, joints, vessels and internal organs.
- Echovascular – Specialized cardiac and vascular utrasound test
Nuclear Medicine – A specialty of medicine and
medical imaging that uses radioactive isotopes and relies on the process of
radioactive decay in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
Mammography – Is a diagnostic tool that is one of the current choices for screening for early breast cancer.
Centinela Hospital Medical Center
is Proud to Announce Our Fully Digital Imaging Center
Consider waiting for film to develop a thing of the past, Our new digital imaging center features:
- Newly remodeled imaging center
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Shorter imaging time for patients
- No processing time allowing for faster patient processing
- Integrated overhead patient transfer system
- A quicker, better experience for patients
- Immediate access to patient test results
CT Scanner - SCENARIA is Hitachi’s 64 slice CT scanner which paves the way for the future. The whole body scanner, with a 0.35-second rotation speed, reduces kinetic artefact, examination time and contrast volume for vascular exploration dosage, while maintaining excellent diagnostic imagery. The system is designed to maximize patients’ comfort, reduces anxiety and stress, and enables effortless examinations.
Nuclear Medicine - The GE Discovery NM630 delivers superb image quality using scan times and doses as low as half that of standard nuclear medicine protocols. And it has a table capable of handling patients up to 500 pounds. Patients may also experience less table time because scans can be set-up faster and use automated transitions.
Digital X-Ray - The GE Discovery XR656 is an advanced, digital radiography x-ray system designed to provide maximum clinical versatility and productivity. At the heart of this system is FlashPad, the next-generation wireless digital detector. The Discovery XR656 is designed to address challenging imaging situations, while also addressing unique workflow needs through a variety of configurations.