Preparing for Your Stay
Thank you for entrusting your health care to Centinela Hospital Medical
Center. We take pride in providing you with quality service in a caring
environment. We will do everything we can to make sure that your hospital
experience is a smooth and comfortable process.
We'd like to do all that we can to make sure your stay is as comfortable
as possible and that all your questions are answered. To help you prepare,
we've provided a list below of items you should and should NOT bring
to the hospital. We've also included information on admitting hours
and advance directives.
What to Bring
- Your health insurance card and your spouse's, if applicable
- All insurance forms and paperwork, e.g., pre-authorizations
- Valid drivers license, state identification card or passport
- Advance directive documents if you have them
- Any outside lab test results and pertinent X-rays not taken at this hospital
- Personal hygiene items
- Clothing for your stay in the hospital and for your discharge
- Eyeglasses or hearing aid
- Reading and writing materials and other personal items you'll want
during your stay If desired, cash to pay for newspapers, gift shop articles
and other items. Not more than $20.00 is recommended Credit card number
and expiration date. NOT the credit card itself.
NOT to bring
- Credit cards
- No more than $20.00 in cash
- The hospital cannot take responsibility for loss of these items Should
items of value be brought to the hospital, we recommend they be deposited
in the safe in our Admitting department. Notify Admitting or Nursing staff
of the items to be deposited and be sure to ask for a receipt, or send
the items home with a family member.